Friday, December 3, 2010

Seattle

I got in, just in case you didn't already know, which you did. One of the things that happened in the month I've been away from this blog is that I was accepted into the University of Washington. I received a letter informing me of this two days before my birthday. I suppose my birthday was another thing that happened during the period of time I've been away, but it was rather uneventful other than the electricity being out. Anyway, I guess finding out for sure that I would finally be transferring to a university was sort of an early birthday present. It was a birthday present from me to myself, because I am awesome.

Come January, I'll probably be super busy with school. But that's not the only news. I'm also moving. Being closer to school will be convenient, but it's also a bit intimidating because I need to secure a job of some sort. Actually, I don't just need to secure a job of some sort: I need to secure a job that fits my school schedule. I've been sort of nervous about this and I still am. Fortunately, I can still work as a substitute for the library system. So there's that. It doesn't eliminate my concern, but it helps.

Agitatingly, I still have to wait like almost two weeks before I get my orientation. I have no idea what my schedule will be or what classes I'll get to take. I have to wait.

But most importantly, better living through chemistry, oh yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that they're letting you keep a place with them. KCLS is really nice. You should have me fill your place! Also, want to read your story. You need to get on Skype more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I need to get on Skype more? I'm on it whenever I'm on my computer, which is like all day. YOU are the one that is never on Skype.

    ReplyDelete