Saturday, February 25, 2012

Patriarch Oberon




I could be writing about actually important things right now, but I choose not to. Anyway, I just played Diablo 2 for the first time in a few months. When I sat down and played the full game with the expansion, LOD, for the first time, I decided to try out one of the characters that wasn't in the original version of the game. My first character was Oberon, a druid. I learned a lot playing him and was able to make stronger characters. Because I started Oberon earlier, he initially had a level advantage on my other characters. But as I played my newer, more powerful characters more often, Oberon fell behind. With the advent of the respec, I was able to fix the errors I'd made with him and turn him into a fully synergized fury werewolf. He still isn't my strongest, but I was able to easily solo any area of the game at low player-count settings. I didn't find him as interesting as some of the others, so I wasn't motivated to play through all of Hell on /players8 because some of the mobs would take too long to kill (usually went with /players3 or so). Well, Oberon has finally beaten the whole game. Baal killed my mercenary a few times, but I couldn't bear to finish him without her.

So far, only three of my characters have finished Hell difficulty, but I have three more that easily could (even on /players8) assuming I invest the time. But I don't know. I don't play this game as much anymore. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment