Sunday, June 10, 2012

Science fiction is good

So yeah, I don't know how I managed to go such a long time on what was basically a hiatus from reading science fiction. My two most recent books have been Eternity by Greg Bear and The Space Merchants by Frederik Pohl and Cyril M. Kornbluth. Both were superb. I don't have a lot to say about the books except that they were both science fiction, both great reads, and were very different from each other stylistically. One can't really get bored of science fiction. There's too much variety for that.

The day I checked out The Space Merchants at the library was also the day that Ray Bradbury died. I didn't yet know about it and I was considering checking out one of his books, but I couldn't decide which one and I ended up getting The Space Merchants instead. I'll pick one of his books up later, I guess, to make up for that. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment