Friday, November 20, 2020

Crap from Facebook: November 20th, 2020

ALSO: if you don’t make your living thru s*x work & s*xy work, consider toning down the free thirst trap shit. Sure, your ego might get a temporary dopamine boost, but you are also contributing to the mass psychological expectation of free content. Consider the impact your ego’s needs has on others around you, k thx bai.

Normally I wouldn't even bother with something like this, but the novelty of it took me by surprise. I mean, I don't even have anything clever to say about it. I thought, "I'll make some witty rejoinder" and I seem to be tapped out. Like, I could make fun of this person for censoring the word "sex" or for thanking others for doing something that they assuredly will not do. But that just feels kind of bland. I guess the part that interests me enough to actually preserve it on my blog is the notion that if someone else is giving away for free what you're trying to sell, that person should consider how such behavior hurts your business. Like, what's the journey someone takes to get to that point without being overwhelmed by cognitive dissonance?

No comments:

Post a Comment