Monday, February 1, 2010

The saga continues...

This post has two distinctions: it is the first time I am doing two things. The first one is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. That's right: I am blogging from in bed. Yes, bed. That's why I invented the laptop computer. Now I have one less reason to ever get out of bed. The second distinction is that this is the first time I am blogging in GLORIOUS SIXTY-FOUR BIT. Oh yeah, I got my upgrade. Finally. This new computer issues saga has been a long and annoying one, but it looks like it's finally over, ignoring the fact that I still need a mouse and probably headphones too.

On December 18th, I bought this computer. I was supposed to be able to follow a simple link to order my upgrade. No such luck. I received a message that someone else had already redeemed my serial number. I immediately sent an email to address listed under "contact us." No response. I figured it was because of the weekend, so I'd give them time. I called Fry's and got a non-answer from them. I called the number associated with the upgrade site. The company (Arvato, which is some subsidiary of Bertelsmann) put me on hold and asked for a bunch of information and eventually directed me to HP, where I was put on hold, recited a bunch of information, and was directed back to Arvato. Then I was put on hold asked for a bunch of information, and finally told that my case would be sent into escalation.

I had to scan my receipt and photograph the sticker on the bottom of my computer and send those images to them...and damn, the display driver crashed my computer again. I was going to tell the rest of this story first because I thought I'd finally gotten it to stop. But no. So my computer is still not functioning properly. Awesome. I guess my next update will be from the old computer then...

No comments:

Post a Comment