Friday, March 12, 2010

The end of the computer saga (I hope)

Of course, the last time I thought this was all over, it wasn't actually. But I got my computer back from the repair center again. According to the form taped to the computer, this time the motherboard was repaired (or replaced). I'm fairly confident that this is the end of the saga simply because almost everything else was already ruled out. I mean, mysterious, intermittent crashes on two different operating systems with two different hard drives and the memory replaced too. What else could it have been? Also, supposedly a senior-level technician was to look go over everything before the computer was sent back to me this time.

So yeah, that's cool. It only took three months. So much for being able to use it at school this quarter (much). Very frustrating, but I guess these things happen sometimes.

I'd like to get acquainted with my new computer for real this time and put all the software I want on it and everything like that, but it's dead week, so the timing isn't the best for that. I also want to buy a mouse for this thing and possibly headphones.

The important thing is that the saga is (apparently) over.

No comments:

Post a Comment