Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Things have been more annoying recently than they were a little less recently...

I guess I have a minor concussion. Maybe. It's not that bad or anything. I took quite a blow to the head last night at judo practice.

We were working on gripping for offense and defense, which isn't something I really do and I felt like I was doing worse than normal anyway. I was practicing with this kid who's bigger than I am (I think he's 210 pounds or so), but less experienced. When I work with him I mess around sometimes, attacking all out and ignoring defense if I feel up to it or just stuffing his throws and making him really work to set them up. I wasn't doing anything like that this time, because he kept going for kouchi gari and missing and hitting the same spot on my shin. After a while, it was hurting too much for me to bother stepping forward, so I resisted a lot when he tried to pull me that way. He did something that was kind of smart, which was to use this to set up harai goshi.

It ended up being one of those throws where the thrower throws his opponent, but also throws himself (I guess only people who know about judo would get what I mean). Not a problem, except he landed right on my head. Directly. Hard. His body slammed into the front of my head and drove the back of my head into the mat. For several seconds, my vision was filled with white starburst thingies. I sat the rest of practice out, but didn't have any nausea or severe symptoms, just a big headache. When they did running lines at the end of practice, I got back in (since I wouldn't be getting my head banged up more if I just ran lines). I did fine. Better than usual.

I woke up this morning and still had a headache. I've had it all day. It's annoying, but not agonizing like the migraines I usually get (and it's in the back of my head instead of the front). Also, my neck strap muscles are hurting and my trapezius is kind of sore too. So yeah, I guess I have a concussion, although the more serious symptoms I hear about with concussions are absent in my case. The only thing other than the headache and sore neck is a bit of disorientation every once in a while, but it seems to disappear instantly once I notice it.

Also, I am really angry at HP right now. I was expecting to receive the box today that I could use to send my computer to the repair center (again). Well, FedEx showed up around 10:00 in the morning just like they love doing and of course I wasn't there to sign for it because I was at school. So they left a note on the door. That's happened before. But wait a minute. I've done this before. The package is an empty box. It has a prepaid shipping label, two pieces of foam to protect the computer, and a slip of paper for me to write some information. But that's it. Oh, I think the last one also had a strip of tape with which to reseal the box. And that's it. The box is (essentially) empty because when I get it, I'll fill it (with my computer) and send it back to them.

Why would they need me to sign for an empty box? Why? It's empty! Am I supposed to be worried that someone would steal my empty box? It's empty. It has nothing of value in it. Just give me the damn box. But no, not without my signature. This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment