Monday, March 29, 2010

Runswithsnails IV

Well, I had my first day of geology class (in college, anyway). And I'll be back to German soon, so I'll have to make this post quick. I know I neglected this during my spring break. Part of the reason for that was that I bought Oblivion and have been playing it on this computer. I fully intend for that game not to take over my entire life, but yeah, I'll most likely go right back to playing as soon as I get home this afternoon.

I actually made three characters on Oblivion when my brother had an XBox 360. When he introduced me to it, he told me not to worry about the name because the character's name is of no importance. So I made a dark elf named Runswithsnails. I joined all of the guilds and performed various quests. On the very last quest in the thieve's guild, a glitch prevented me from being able to finish the quest. My character had taken forever to get as far as he was because he'd leveled up so quickly (on account of Oblivion's misleading skill and leveling system) that the monsters were way stronger than him. So I started over, this time with a carefully planned version of Runswithsnails who took advantage of an invisibility spell to do everything. But then my brother's console died. After he got a second XBox 360, I made yet another Runswithsnails, which I intended to be like the previous version, but instead I ended up with this bizarre creation that was heavily armored and still somehow this amazing acrobat who could jump around and over every obstacle, but with very little damage-dealing capability.

Well, I lost that one too, so now on my computer I have Runswithsnails IV. And he shall be the last in the line of Runswithsnails. He will eventually surpass his predecessors, but he's not quite there yet.

Also, in case you missed it, I finally put a video on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZoAbNiQakg

Go and watch it. I am wonderful.

Good to be back at school, I guess. Geology is looking promising. It's in the same room as my organic chemistry lectures were, which makes it feel weird. I didn't really learn anything today. Instead, the instructor rattled off a bunch of questions without answering them. But they're questions that geology can address (or so I hope). More on that later, but probably not. Either way, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment