Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Still more about books

Something needs to be done about this mess. I had most of the books I bought at that library booksale sitting in a spot on my floor between my bed and my desk (actually between my bed and a big plastic container of Magic cards that is itself between my bed and my desk). It was supposed to be temporary storage until I could figure out where to put them. Well, when I pulled them out, there was slight water damage on some of the ones that had been directly on the floor. I relocated the whole mess to my bed and later to the top of my dresser and now to my bed again. Books. It's out of control. I just cleared off my whole bookshelf, which is really not a shelf at all, but a large area that takes up most of my entire desk (and it's not a small desk).

I am going to organize this shit somehow. I should separate what I have read from what I haven't and what I want to keep from what is junk. Also, I'm finding some interesting things that are not books at all. Also, my hand started aching after my exam today and it's still painful, so I don't want to type a lot. I'm going to cut this short.

Before I do that, I'm going to say a quick bit about the last book I read. To Say Nothing of the Dog: How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last by Connie Willis. Not a full review, because I can't manage that right now. But I'll likely finish the book I started after it (one of my old books that I've had for years and never read) soon, so let's just get it out of the way.

This book is awesome. Glowing recommendation. Will definitely be reading more from this author in the near future. Best time travel mystery story I've ever read. Actually, it's the only time travel mystery I can think of right now. Whatever. #14 or so on my still-in-need-of-reworking top 50 list. Glad to be reading good science fiction again.

No comments:

Post a Comment