Monday, May 3, 2010

Blogger is giving me title suggestions that don't make any sense and have nothing to do with the content of this post...

See what I did there?

The future is now. I am at school. Not new. The power is out. Not new either really. I am updating this while the power is out. Now that's new. Yeah, apparently the wireless internet still works even though the electricity is down all across campus. I'm not surprised. Because it's the future. If this were the past, I would totally be surprised. But I am not, as this is the future, after all. Such things happen in the future.

So I've still been playing Oblivion far too much to get anything done. When I got the game, my brother decided to get it for his PS3. He'd played it before on the XBox 360, but no longer had one because he'd gone through two of them. Everyone else though, who knows about the game and has heard that I have been playing it, have only commented that it is old. This is perfectly true, but it just seems odd to me, mainly because the games I'm used to playing are from mid-90's. 2006 just doesn't seem that long ago. Compared to the games I was playing before, like Diablo 2 and Lords of Magic, Oblivion looks amazing. The sky, the landscape, everything. But of course, now it really is old. This leads me to think in terms of accelerating changes in technology, but I don't want to argue that the singularity is totally here, man, or anything like that. I'm just saying, it kind of weirds me out.

Mainly, I just figured that I had to post once I realized that I do indeed have internet despite the power being out. If the power is out at home, I won't have internet and will probably flip out, but this is probably pretty local. Das ist alles für heute.

No comments:

Post a Comment